The North Cheshire Cruising Club is
situated on the High Lane Arm of the Macclesfield canal, one of England's
most beautiful canals.
Java Support not Enabled
The Club was formed
in 1943 by a group of boaters wishing to present
a combined front to the local council who wanted to impose rates on the boathouses
that some had built to keep their boats in.
They were not
repelling the council but had created the first Cruising Club
on the narrow canal system
Home | Commodore's Page | Club Facilities | News | Events | Licenses | Members' Pages | Contact | For Sale | Club History | Club Membership
This page was last updated
27 January, 2012